Thursday, August 2, 2007

Book #13 Summer Reading by Hilma Wolitzer


Wow, it's been awhile since I've read this and I lent the book out to a friend. The story revolves around a book club and three women- Angela, Lissy, and Michele. Angela is a retired English professor who runs the book club and selects the classics the ladies will read. Lissy is a newly married woman who basically lives off of her rich husband, shops, hosts the bookclub, and is dyslexic. Reading is a difficult task for her. And Michele who cleans Lissy's house and has her own issues to deal with.

What I liked about this book:
  • I really liked Michele and Angela, though at times I was conflicted about them.
  • The book moved quickly and I'm glad I bought it. It was well worth the money and I didn't feel like I got jipped.
What I didn't like:
  • What the stupid kids do in the end and how Lissy covers it up. It made me cry. I hate when that happens.

No comments: