Thursday, August 16, 2007

Book #21 Strangers in Paradise Pocket Book Volume 1 by Terry Moore

This is yet another graphic novel which really hooked me as well. Not only is the story line awesome but the artwork is fabulous. My husband who is a die hard Manga fan read this story and enjoyed it. Shocked the hell out of me. Anyway this is the first novel about Francine and Katchoo. This first story focuses more on Katchoo's past which is quite dark and is something Francine doesn't know too much about. The reason why I am listing these graphic novels is because they are quite thick and took some time for me to get through. As stated previously, the art work is beautiful. Additionally, Mr. Moore has constructed a very complex storyline and has thrown in poetry here and there.

Things I liked about this book:
  • The art.
  • The poetry.
  • The story of Francine and Katchoo.
Things I don't like about this book:
  • It's damn near impossible getting Vol 2 at a bookstore b/c this series was done about 10 years ago, according to what the guy at Barnes and Noble told me. So needless to say, had to order it online and waiting for my second installment.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Webcam, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://webcam-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.