Thursday, August 16, 2007

Book #20 La Perdida by Jessica Abel

I think this is the first graphic novel that I really fell in love with and that I couldn't put down. La Perdida is about a college aged girl who goes to Mexico. She wants to come to terms with part of her Mexican heritage. Her name escapes me at the moment. But she begins her life living with her white ex-boyfriend. After deciding she wants to immerse herself in the culture, she begins classes at a school and later gets a job there as a teacher. Eventually, she moves out into her own apartment shared with another teacher from the school and her boyfriend. I'm not a very good writer and I can see I'm not doing this story justice, but I could not put this graphic novel down. If anything I realized there is a difference between Manga and graphic novels. I loved this story.

What I like about this book:
  • It helped me distinguish what types of graphic novels I enjoy reading.
  • The story was phenomenal.
  • I'm waiting for my friend to finish it so I can read it again.

No comments: