Monday, July 23, 2007

Book #12- Soon I Will Be Invincible by Austin Grossman

As I'm sure you have guessed from the cover, Soon I Will Be Invincible is about superheros. I'm not kidding. It's a comic book but without the artwork. This book is told from two perspectives... The first is Doctor Impossible who is in jail and trying to figure a way to get out so he can try and take over the world even though his plans in the past (army of insects, robots, dinosauers, fungus, fish, etc.) have not come to fruition. Hey, you still have to give it to the guy for trying. And the second perspective is from the cyborg Fatale who has just join the New Champions, a group of superheros that have their own powers. Unfortunately, the Champions are missing their leader CoreFire who was supposed to be indestructible and is no where to be found.

What I liked about this book:
  • It's different from stuff that I usually read.
  • I actually like and feel kind of sorry for Doctor Impossible.
  • I liked reading the different backgrounds on the superheroes/villans.
  • Makes me want to read comic books.
What I didn't like about the book:
  • All the different backgrounds became jumbled for me. I started getting names confused and the powers.
  • Some artwork thrown in the book here and there would have been nice.
  • There were parts where I felt like the story was lagging.

No comments: