Friday, June 22, 2007

Book #2- Shakespeare's Secret by Elise Broach


This story is about a girl named Hero Netherfield. Her family is quite enamored with Shakespeare so they named her Hero after one of the characters in his play, Much Ado about Nothing. Hero moves into a new neighborhood with her family (mom, dad, and older sis). She meets her neighbor Mrs. Roth who informs her about a secret diamond hidden in Hero's house. In her quest to find the diamond, Hero discovers a lot about Shakespeare and English history in addition to making new friends.
What I liked about this book:
  1. It was a page turner from the beginner. I think kids can relate to Hero because she is an outcast. I'm sure many people feel that they have been put in that position.
  2. I liked the English history portion.
  3. There's really nothing I didn't like.

No comments: