Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Book #5- Gilda Joyce Psychic Investigator by Jennifer Allison

I have to say, I really enjoyed this book. It's about a fabulous 13 yr. old named Gilda Joyce who is always interested in something going on in her neighborhood. On the last day of school, she realizes her bf, Wendy Choy is going away to summer camp and she will be all alone in the summer. Gilda writes her long lost uncle who resides in San Francisco a letter inviting herself there for the summer. His assistant writes her back notifying her that she can come to San Francisco.

When she arrives, she realizes that there is a spooky tower on her uncle's property which no one is allowed to go into. Gilda also finds out a few other things: his house is supposedly haunted, his sister jumped off that tower and she has a cousin her own age that lives there.

What I liked about the book:
  1. Gilda is an unforgettable heroine! She has so many disguises and costumes. Needless to say, in my opinion, Gilda puts Harriet the Spy to shame. She's extremely witty and very intelligent.
  2. There was a hint of the paranormal in the book.
  3. She brought her cousin out of her doldrums.

What I disliked about the book:
  1. I really can't think of anything I disliked. I'm trying to find something and I really can't.

No comments: